January Project: Complete

Friday, February 6, 2015

January has come and gone and so has the Aran sweater project. Now my sweater fell short because I ran out of yarn to make sleeves, so I made a sweater vest.
On a trip to visit friends in New York City, and to see Death Becomes Her at the Metropolitan Museum, I was knitting on the train. And somewhere between Albany and New York City I ran into problems; I realized I was running out of yarn. I already had finished knitting the back as a raglan but who ever heard of a raglan sweater vest, so I had to figure out how to make the front fit into the shoulders on the back. I pondered for some ways on the train and realized if I made the front a V neck and continued the decreases from the front then I could make the front follow over the shoulder and make a drop shoulder seam in the back; which I did. I'm rather happy with the results except for one thing...It's far too large for me. Luckily I know one person who would appreciate this fine knitted Aran V-neck sweater vest and he shall receive it when next our paths meet.
P.S. I would like to say this is an authentic Aran sweater because there are variations in the cables. To all those half empty glass people who will see them as mistakes I say "No, those are character traits, choices on behalf of the sweater!"

Post a Comment